Just as we are about to compile lists of celebrities doing something good in 2018, looks like Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson might just pinch the top spot in that list possible. The Hollywood star made wishes come true as he spent the day with three young fans from the Make A Wish Foundation, Rays of Sunshine, and Starlight Foundation on the set of Hobbs & Shaw.
The Rock tweeted a snippet of the video with the following message…
"I don't know why things happen to kids the way they do. Why they get hit with hard times. But I do know these kids are way stronger than I'll ever be and granting wishes and playing a very small role in making 'em smile will always be the best part of my fame.
And the posted the full video on his YouTube channel, prompting a flurry of kind messages on Twitter thanking him for the gesture
I have a son that has had way more difficult times then most and having "Special" people come by makes the challenges just one moment less challenging. Awesome Dwayne. https://t.co/vEZxyB6b7P
— Feather heart (@Feather_heart1) December 29, 2018
Sometimes fame can be used to do some pretty amazing things… https://t.co/kDbSXSOnbZ
— Zachary Leeman (@WritingLeeman) December 29, 2018
10% of life is what happens to us the other 90% is how we respond to it. Bad things happen to people and kids but thanks to good people like you sir those people can see positive endings to bad times. https://t.co/9f4Lio0FBv
— GuardianBusterJeff M.S.Ed-SPEED 📓 (@JeffGuardian) December 29, 2018
For real, you doing this type of stuff makes me respect you so much. You show the world that you can be absurdly successful and full of integrity and joy. Your humility is admirable. Thanks for being you man. Been a fan forever!
— BradSpencer (@BradSpencer) December 29, 2018
Keep doing the right thing Rock. With all the negativity and hate in the world, this is the right thing to do. Keep it up, those kids smiles were priceless.
— J Arnold8285🇨🇦 (@sheepdog8285) December 29, 2018
Here's my special Wish Granting Day with amazing kids who have had a very rough go in this crazy, unpredictable thing we call life. And the irony here is I'm their "wish" and inspiration – but little do they know, they're mine. I'm a lucky SOB. Enjoy ..https://t.co/yKWcswfZb4
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) December 29, 2018
Check out the full video below…